Built upon Photron’s Emmy award winning high speed video camera success, the FASTCAM SA5 once more raises the bar on what a high speed camera should be capable of.
Providing a staggering 7,500 frames per second (fps) at mega pixel resolution and reduced resolution operation to one million frames per second, the FASTCAM SA5 delivers unsurpassed light sensitivity (ISO 10000-test compliant with ISO12232 S sat) and dynamic range through its 12-bit monochrome (36-bit RGB color) sensor with twenty micron square pixels.
The FASTCAM SA5 is available with four memory configurations:
• 8GB for 0.78 seconds record time at full resolution and 7,000fps
• 16GB providing 1.56 seconds at full resolution and 7,000 fps
• 32GB for 3 seconds at 1K x 1K at 7,500 fps
• 64GB for 6.24 seconds full resolution and 7,000fps
The FASTCAM SA5 is provided with a remote control keypad, complete with built in five inch LCD screen for full, computer free, operation. And our award winning Photron FASTCAM Viewer (PFV) software comes complete with Software Developers Kit (SDK) for users wishing to integrate camera control, replay and download into their own dedicated software.
Frame Rate Performance examples:
• 12,500 fps at 1024×1024 pixel resolution
• 13,500 fps at 1024×1000 pixel resolution
• 40,000 fps at 640×488 pixel resolution
• 100,000 fps at 384×264 pixel resolution
• 1,000,000 fps at 128×8 pixel resolution (Model 1000K only)
Market leading light sensitivity (ISO Ssat 12232 standard)
ISO 25,000 monochrome/ISO 10,000 color
High Speed Dual Gigabit Ethernet interface provides reliable system communication and image download rates
Two SD card slots allow fast image transfer without a PC connection
Flexible frame synchronization permits synchronization to devices with non-stable external frequencies
Four Internal Memory Configurations are available to support all application requirements: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
Integrated mechanical calibration shutter, Nikon F-mount (compatible with Nikon G type lenses), and optional Canon EF mount
Optional Range Version provides sealed enclosure for electronics, thereby preventing contamination from dust and other materials
Full Data Sheet